0
MANILA -- Sexy actress Ellen Adarna is not convinced by a claim made by her friend, businessman Cedric Lee, and model Deniece Cornejo in relation to a mauling incident involving the two and TV host Vhong Navarro.
Adarna made the statement on the sidelines of an ABS-CBN trade event held Thursday in Pasay City, where her debut soap opera as a Kapamilya was introduced.




Speaking with ABS-CBN News' Marie Lozano, Adarna also revealed that shooting for a film where she will co-star with Navarro was originally set to start this week, but has since been postponed due to the attack on the actor.
Cornejo formalized her rape complaint against Navarro on Wednesday, a day after the "It's Showtime" host filed criminal charges against her and seven others in relation to the incident in Taguig.
In her complaint-affidavit, Cornejo claimed that the actor forced her to perform oral sex on him and tried to insert his penis in her vagina, but was "rescued" by Lee and his group.
Referring to the rape claim of Cornejo, Adarna said, "The only thing that I have to say is that, like, you know, as a woman, you shouldn't allow things like that, every detail, like even a touch... If you feel violated, you say it out loud. You say it to the person that, 'You can't do this to me.'"
"Why now? Why now in public? You have all the rights," Adarna added. "Women have their right to show what we can do. For me, it's like... For me, honestly, Cedric is my friend but I'm sorry..."
Navarro has denied attempting to rape Cornejo and claimed that he was a victim of extortion. He said he was blindfolded and tied up before being attacked by at least six men including Lee.
The actor has since charged Lee and Cornejo's group with serious physical injuries, grave threat, grave coercion, unlawful arrest, blackmail, and serious illegal detention -- a non-bailable offense.
Asked whether she is siding with Navarro in the controversy, Adarna said, "I'm torn in the middle, but, like, it's just wrong... I'm not choosing a side, because I don't really know the whole story. I'm like 50-50."
Adarna said she has nonetheless reached out to Navarro to wish him well, adding she does not mind that their movie has been postponed as it is for his recovery.
"Actually, I texted Vhong that I hope he's okay. That's about it. Wala na akong ibang magagawa, e. I mean, like, but hope for the better, eh. Postponed muna 'yung movie, but kung sino man ang may good intention... Justice to the one who deserves it," she said.

Post a Comment

 
Top